Sunday 11 October 2009

Were did the weekend go?

Wow the weekend went really quickly. We went to Solihull shopping on Saturday and dare I say it but I started my Christmas shopping. With so many Birthday's in November (mainly kids) and Charlotte's and my Brother's Birthday (hello Paul) in December on top of Christmas it can be a little expensive, so we are trying to spread the cost over the next few months. On the way back from Solihull we did call in at the girls at BeeCrafty, by all accounts they are waiting for a whole load of new stock which is going to be there really soon, they are getting the shelves ready as we speak. I'm definitely gonna pay them a visit over the next few weeks!. A couple of months back I had some yummy 7Gypsies paper to play around with for them. I can't remember if I posted these before so here they are below.



This is of my late Nan and Grandad, celebrating 50 years of marriage. There is quite a lot of detail on this, I enjoyed doing this layout as the papers seemed to go perfectly with the photo.





I made a mini book using some of the 7Gypsies papers and embellishments. These photos are of my Paternal Grandparents. The book was made using brown paper bags and tags, the bags were stuck back to back and then decorated. I think I worried the ladies at BeeCrafty as I said I had used original photos, but the way I see it is that I'm preserving these pictures for generations to come. By using acid and lignin papers and embellishments they should last a lot longer than if they stayed stored in the original box.





My Nan as a young woman. The button used here was out of my Nan's button tin.



Grandad, such a character. I wish I had got to know him more, he died when I was 6, but what I do remember is having fun with him, lots of tickles! Used Fancy Pants rub-ons but as you can see they were flaking off, it adds to the vintage feel I guess.



Nan with Dad on the back of her bike. Dad would fall asleep on the bike which made riding it very difficult, she would tap his legs to wake him so he sat up straight!.



Love this picture of Dad what a little sweetie!. I used Hambly rub-ons on this one.

Anyway I really must do some housework.

Thanks for stopping by.
Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment