Tuesday 20 October 2009

Mother Nature...

is a wonderful thing. This is my take on the twisted sketch #19 from last week. For this one you had to use ink on the layout which I have done on the corrugated alphabets to brighten them up slightly. I couldn't hold myself back any more I just had to use the new October Afternoon papers. I was waiting for the diecuts to arrive but I just couldn't wait any longer!. I know I just have no will power! haha For once I put some journalling on, which is fairly rare for me, I don't normally write on my layouts, sometime you just don't need it. If there is a story to be told I normally write it on the back of the layout.

Loving those alphabets.
My brother is coming to stay tonight, I'm looking forward to seeing him, it's been a while. I'm cooking lasagne tonight although I've been told that it won't be as good as mum's. The cheek of it!
We had parents evening last night and got on very well. Charlotte has settled in really well (which is what they say to most parents). Generally she is doing really well and her willingness to learn is wonderful so that's all we can ask for. She does get a little apprehensive when they do things that she's not used to, but she's good and always has a go. I'm so proud of her she has coped so well and has exceeded our expectations.
I'm off to school this afternoon to listen to some more children read. I'm really enjoying it and I manage to get a little look at Charlotte in her classroom at the same time, so I'm a happy momma!.
Right I'm off to do that massive pile of ironing that's waiting for me. sigh
Thanks for popping by.
Cx

3 comments:

  1. I love those alphas too! So glad you played with us at Twisted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog during the Pencil Lines blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, love the cardboard alphas :-).
    Simona - Twisted Sister

    ReplyDelete