Monday 24 August 2009

So busy

We have had a busy old time over the past week and it's been great. I have so enjoyed just chilling out without worrying about housework and general chores, I have caught up with family members as well as seeing my best friend Nat.

On Thursday we went to Soham to visit Capture the Magic, I just love that shop it is massive. Spent a few pennies (honestly hubby I did). We then drove onto Ely, I love this place and it will always be special for me and Les as it's where we set up home together, we only stayed for 6 months before heading to Hastings, but it holds lots of special memories. It was a little windy as you can tell from the picture! (My mum will love me for posting this on here!)








So on Saturday hubby came down to spend the day with us, we went to Saffron Walden for lunch before heading off to Audley End for our annual trip on the little train there. I have been going to the train since I was small and I'm now taking my little girl. The train takes you about a 1 1/2 miles through woodland, but the cutest thing is they hide cuddly toys in the trees and it's great fun spotting them. Charlotte loves it, especially the tunnels, they seem to get longer each year. In the evening we left Charlotte with Nanny and Grandad and went over to see Nat and Rob in Cambridge, they have just bought there first home a couple of months back and are very busy re-decorating it. They are doing a fantastic job as it really does need some tlc, the previous owner had lived there since it was built, so you can imagine that the decoration was a little dated!!.




I haven't done much in the way of scrapping, although I have made a layout using this months Scrapagogo kit. I have taken part in one of there challenges were you had to do some stitching on your layout. I tend to do my stitching by hand as I'm not that confident on using my sewing machine yet, I find it quite relaxing anyway and like the results. The photos are of when we went to visit Joan and Pete and went to Betty's tea rooms in Ilkley.



Go grab yourselves a copy of Scrapbook Inspirations. I'm on page 42 were I took part in the sketch challenge. What do you think? I will post a bigger picture of the layout when I return home on Friday.

TTFN

Cx

1 comment: