Sunday 9 August 2009

I'm back.......

from having a few days in Southport and then on to see my Sister-in-law in Leeds. We so needed the time away and I feel awesome now for having a break. The weather was lovely, blue skies most days and plenty of sun. We love Southport, my hubs is originally from Liverpool and spent alot of his childhood along the Northwest coast of the country. We started out on Tuesday morning (in the rain) heading towards Formby point to the sand dunes to have our picnic. The weather wasn't great a little windy but we sat eating our picnic watching the blue skies starting to appear, we walked down to the sea through the sand dunes. The last time we done this walk I was 6 months pregnant and thought I was going to pass out on the way back with exhaustion! Charlotte made a couple of sand castles, I took a few photos to show Joan (SIL) to see how much it had changed. We then headed to Southport to check in at our hotel. Wednesday we took a trip into Liverpool we couldn't believe the cost of the train fare it was so cheap, anyway we headed off after breakfast to have a full day there. We found the Everton shop as my hubs is an avid supporter and wanted to buy Charlotte her first football shirt, much to my dad's annoyance as he would rather her have a Blackpool one!! ;) Once that was sorted we walked down to the docklands as we wanted to visit some of the free museums including the Tate Modern. Things are changing big time in Liverpool and it's really exciting to see how it's progressing. The shops there are amazing and I think I would still be there working my way around, if it wasn't for my husband dragging me away.

Thursday we drove over to Leeds to visit Joan and Pete, it's always lovely to go and see them and catch up, it almost feels like I'm going home as they make us feel so welcome and the homemade food is lovely, thanks Joan. Joan is a very talented artist who is exhibiting some of her work in Ilkley this weekend take a look at her website http://www.abrushwithnature.co.uk/ and have a look at what she does.

It was so nice not to worry about mobile phones and computers and that means I have done no scrapbooking, so hopefully this week I can catch up on a few things.



This photo melts my heart isn't she beautiful?.

Anyway I think that's enough from me, I will post some layouts later this week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment