Monday 22 November 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

I've had the best weekend ever. We spent it with my old school buddie Suze and her new husband Huw. She hasn't changed at all, still the same Suze I knew at school, we spent loads of time together in the sixth form and got up to lots of mischief together. We were both doing the same business course and have lots of happy memories. We lost contact as you do when you are young, but then earlier in the year thanks to Facebook we were able to chat and to catch up. I was honoured to be at her wedding back in September and to share her special day with her and Huw, who is just the funniest guy. She is a very special person and I'm glad we have found one another again and to hopefully carry on our friendship.


Huw sulked when I didn't get in the photo, but this is what happened when I did!.


So Christmas isn't that far off is it? Can't quite believe how quickly it has come round again. I love all the hype of Christmas and love all the special things that happen in the run up to the big day. I have loads to do and as I had a quite few moments this morning I thought I would make up the gifts for Charlotte's teachers. I had this idea and already had the cellophane I didn't really want to just give them chocolates as everyone tends to do that. I bought some really lovely notebooks from Paperchase and wrapped them up with a few chocs too. You can't really see them that well in this photo, but they look okay and a little different.

I saw Delia Smith advertise her Christmas cake on tv last week. She is selling the cake with all the ingredients already weighed out, which I think is a brilliant idea, as it tends to costs a fortune for all the stuff you need, and I always end up with loads of left over fruit etc. For £10 I was happy to give it a go, all you have to add is 5 eggs, butter, orange and lemon. Charlotte has an inset day from school on Friday so I plan to bake it then.

I haven't managed to do any crafting yet, but I'm hoping for a crafty morning tomorrow.
Take care all.
Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment