Tuesday 29 June 2010

Nothing much to share although....

I have this weeks Twisted sketch to show you. The twist this week was the colour red (which is one of my favourite colours) so I enjoyed this one. Do check out the rest of the team for there great interpretations of this weeks sketch. I only have two more sketches left with the team so if you would like to be in with a chance of being part of an amazing team then check out the website and have a go.



Things have been busy here, what with Les returning from two weeks in Singapore and Malaysia and of course all the washing that goes with being away. Mum and Dad sadly went back home last Wednesday and I'm still missing them, and I know Charlotte is to, she still gets upset and tells me that she misses her Grandad. Bless her it's so hard for her to understand.

As Mum and Dad have been up for the past couple of Tuesday's I didn't do my voluntary bit at school, but I went in today and enjoyed being with the kids. I was doing spelling tests with groups of children. I had to do 45 words with them which of course some of the children found difficult, it's so hard not to sound the words out for them, but they needed to do it for themselves so the teachers can assess them and to find out which groups they will be in when they return in September. Next Thursday it's sports day so that should be interesting.

Well I have been struggling of late, I just can't seem to settle on anything maybe because Les has been away and Mum and Dad being up, I'm jsut not sure what it is. Scrapbooking has been the same and I have really questioned why I do this hobby and even thought do I want to continue with it. I feel my layouts are very samey and uninteresting. I have been browsing through issue 2 of Scrapbook Inspirations magazine and feel a little more inspired, I just love Shimelle Laine's work and have decided that I perhaps need to change my mindset with regards to patterned papers. I think I need to store the papers by colour rather than manufacture (which I'm doing at the moment). Does anyone else do this? Below is a layout that I scraplifted from one of Shimelle's layouts, using lots of different manufactures and using colours that I wouldn't of necessarily put together. I can honestly say that I feel refreshed from this, I just hope it lasts. I think I need to allocate more time for scrapbooking for me rather for everyone else if you know what I mean.





I'm planning on going to the Bromsgrove crop on Saturday, haven't been for a couple of months so I'm hoping I will be able to complete some more layouts to share.

Thanks as always for popping by, you brighten my day when you leave me comments.

Cx

P.S I know the heading says the 29th but I didn't actually post this until the new Twisted sketches had gone live.

4 comments:

  1. Great layouts, I think it's good to challenge yourself to create something different. Hope you find a style thats suits soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are gorgeous as usual they are certainly not uninteresting .I haven't really got a style I just do what I like at the time.
    It will be good to see you Saturday,I've missed that lovely laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lo's, especially the second one! It is good to try different styles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire two gorgeous LO's, I always love looking at your work as it is always such an inspiration :)

    It sounds like you are feeling a little down ATM so sending you lots of {{{hugs}}} xxxx

    Enjoy the crop on Saturday :) Have you thought about doing Shimelles new scrapbooking/photo classs staring on 4th July?? I love her classes and always learn lots as well as having fun :)

    Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete