Tuesday 15 June 2010

Bits and pieces

Thank you for the get well messages I am feeling a lot brighter now and I'm trying to keep up my iron levels to try and beat this off which I believe is viral and not bacterial tonsillitis.

I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Les flew off to Singapore on Friday for at least two weeks, which has meant that I've had the evenings to myself and haven't really bothered with the television as I'm not really interested in the football (I know shame on me)!!.

With all that time on my hands I managed to complete last weeks weekly challenge over on UKS. You had to use bold colours, I'm just loving the teal with the deep pink at the moment just love the combo. Use a title or lyrics from an Elvis song (which was easy as Les is an Elvis fan) and to use something silvery or a crown. When we are in the car we have an Elvis CD on sometimes, Charlotte and Les love the song 'I just want to be your teddy bear' which is what I wanted to call this layout first. I asked Les's opinion and the first thing he said was it's got to be called 'Love me tender' so here it is:



I have also started a mini book for all the photos from our holiday, I very rarely do anything like this for myself (it's normally for other people) so I've made a start. I'm waiting for my photos to arrive from Snapfish so hopefully today the postie will bring them. I've done the front cover were I have used Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride range which I just love and perfect for a holiday layout or a mini book.



I'm also hoping that the postie will bring my eternity ring which Les bought me while we were on holiday. The size wasn't quite right so it's been taken down a size as the last thing I want is for it to fall off and lose it. It's a dainty little ring as I only have small hands and fingers, as soon as I saw it I just knew it was the one.

Oh I can't believe it, the tooth fairy had to come out to Charlotte again last night. For several days she had been asking me to pull the tooth out as it was at a funny angle, I kept saying that it will come out on its own. Yesterday it was hurting her so I finally gave in a pulled it and out it came.

I'd better go and do some housework as Mum and Dad are on there way to come and keep us company for a few days. Charlotte is looking forward to seeing her Grandad as when Les goes away she looks up to him as the father figure that she is so desperately missing.

Right enough of me.

Take care all
Cx

4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous LO Claire and I love the cover to your holiday book :)

    Enjoy your time with your parents this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LO Claire, really sweet photo of Les & Charlotte. I like your cover of your mini book too, look forward to seeing the LO's in there.
    Got your eternity ring then!! Result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lo, and the mini book cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you are having a good week with your Ma and Pa Claire and not missing Les too much.
    I love the LO of Les and Charlotte and that mini book cover is just perfect for your memories can't wait to see what you put inside it.
    X

    ReplyDelete