Tuesday 12 July 2011

Yeah I know, where have I been again?

I'm hopeless at the moment,I don't seem to be in the mood to create anything much at the moment, although I am enjoying taking pictures. I think this time of the year life is really busy especially working at the school as well as all the other things that come with having a 6 year old. Last week was a busy week with a Birthday party, sports day, meetings, and having friends round.

So Sports Day at Charlotte's school went really well, and the weather behaved itself, only one heavy shower. I managed to divide my time helping out serving tea and coffee and watching Charlotte in her races. She done well and tried hard, not sure whether sport is really her 'thing' but she joined in and had a go, which is what it's all about.





















I mentioned we had friends round at the weekend. Well we always eat out as it's so much more enjoyable, we went to a local hotel and had a fantastic buffet and the desserts were to die for. The grounds were fantastic with old trees, colourful shrubs, and loads of things for the kids to do. It was so lovely siting in the sun sipping a cold drink, what a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon? The best thing is that it's 5 minutes down the road from us, so we don't need to drive.

























As I say I have been enjoying taking pictures. I took some photos of Charlotte one evening in the garden, she had just had her hair washed and it looked so beautiful.
























Not much creating has been going on at all, I want to and have the best intentions but somehow it just doesn't materialise into anything, shame really as I am happiest when I'm creating. Although I don't think it has helped people visiting the house I've wanted to keep it as tidy as possible and having my craft stuff in pretty much every room of the house (apart from the bathroom) doesn't help. I just wished we had a spare room that I could store everything in it would be so nice, still I have to be grateful for what I have.

So what else, I'm still running, definitely got the bug and am going every morning and still enjoying it, I've increased the route. I did invest in some new running trainers at the weekend, what a difference it makes, it's like running on air now.

We are going into school on Thursday to see Charlotte's work, there topic has been castles and have worked really hard. We had to go and get a dressing up dress for Charlotte as they are allowed to go as Queens and Kings. Most of yesterday was spent making a crown, very pleased with it I am to, obviously pictures to follow with that.

Right enough of me waffling on, if you have made it this far thank you.

Take care.
Cx

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been in a bit of a creative/ blogging rut too. Maybe we should form a club?

    Those photos of Charlotte are gorgeous - if that's not creating, then what is? And good on you for the running, it's so surprising how good it makes you feel, isn't it? And running shoes are so comfy, who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to catch up with you again Claire. Those photos of Charlotte are stunning, she is growing up so fast.
    I know what you mean about crafty stuff and keeping the house tidy!
    Looking forward to seeing the photos of the crown creation soon.
    X

    ReplyDelete