Wednesday 2 March 2011

Happy Hump Day

I can't believe we are half way through this week and the children have been back at school for 3 days already. Time just seems to fly by at the moment. I have to admit that I have been neglecting my blog, really since the start of the year, so I shall try harder to update it a little more often.

Last week was half term so I travelled down to see Mum and Dad and spent the week with them. I do enjoy catching up with my family as well as some close friends I have known since school. So lots of eating out, lots of Mum's cooking (can't beat a bit of Mum's cooking, especially her roasts, yum). As you can imagine not much crafting happened last week, but I guess I like the freedom of that if I don't want to do anything one week it's not a problem and I do find I'm much more refreshed with more ideas. I did visit a couple of craft shops whilst at Mum's and do have to say that I love Scrap Revolutions in Baldock, it's not a very big shop but has loads and loads of up to the minute brands. Go check it out here for a nosey. I've seen quite a few things that I wished I had purchased but didn't, so I might have to place an order this week. :)

Well Les is off on his travels again, all very last minute, flights only booked Monday flying today. He's off to Indonesia and then off to Malaysia, he will be back late next week. We had a really busy weekend planned too so I have had to call and cancel friends on Sunday :(. Saturday I'm going to the Cropaganza over at Bromsgrove were Kirsty Wiseman is teaching, I'm very excited about this and really wasn't going to miss it. So I've had to persuaded Mum and Dad to come up and look after Charlotte for me (not much persuading really they love to spend time with her) whilst I go to the Crop.

Here's a layout I created before I went away. I can't get enough of these black and white photos of Charlotte.



Made this sweet card, not quite sure for who.



I've had this blank pendant for years and finally got round to doing something with it. I filled it with a cardstock heart with some vintage papers and then added a metal crown, however the colour has come out of the metal and turned it green. At first I wasn't sure but now I think that it adds to it. The metal flower were cheap children earrings which were on sale at Asda for 50p I have another 2 pairs too.



Right I'd better think of something for tea, any ideas anyone?

Take care and thanks as always for stopping by it is appreciated.
Cx

2 comments:

  1. Love the LO with the bunting, your card is gorgeous the colours are fab and wow you necklace is beautiful. See you Saturday.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of gorgeous projects Claire, I do hope you enjoy your class with Kirsty Wiseman, it sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete