Tuesday 23 March 2010

The eyes have it

What a strange start to the week I am having. I have had Charlotte off school yesterday and today as she has had conjunctivitis and a cold (again). She is back to school tomorrow, I joked with Les last night saying there is NO way I could home school her she just wants to do stuff all the time and is SO demanding. So over the last few days we have read stories, coloured pictures, made a castle (not a real one) from a kit she got for Christmas, painted clay things that she had made a while ago, played on the computer, had a whole box of beads dropped on the floor, baked Easter cakes and she now has a wobbly tooth!!!. To say I'm tired is an understatement, how these teachers manage with 30 children in a class I don't know!

Here is the lady herself with her Easter cakes. They taste pretty good too. yum

I felt the need to be crafty on Saturday night so I created this layout. Love the pic of Charlotte and I together which was taken the other day at Broadway. I used the new Sassafras Lass papers, which are just lush. I decided this time not to buy the whole range just the papers I really really liked.

We have been looking into what we are going to do for a Summer break. Its so expensive to go abroad for a week in the summer holidays and to be honest I begrudge spending silly amounts of money and falling into the trap. So instead we have decided to take Charlotte to Disneyland, Paris for a few days and to say that she is excited is an understatement. We managed to get a really good deal getting 40% off plus the hotel is on the Disney park. Les and I went to Disney around 9 years ago when we started seeing one another and it was great fun, but to be able to take a child will be fab. Can't wait to see her little face when she see's some of her favourite characters.

Anyway enough of me gabbling on.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely lo's and those cards are super too! Hope Charlotte is better now, can understand her being excited at visiting Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to come here and see all your latest creations Claire.
    Great cards and LO's and well done for being restrained when buying those papers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your layout, I've tried the theory about only buying the papers I love, but I can't - LOL.

    Disneyland sound great, have a great time.

    ReplyDelete